Central Department Of Hydrology & Meteorology Tribhuvan University
Posted on: 08 June, 2020
We are pleased to welcome you all in our 5th webinar on 9th July at 3:45 PM
PhD in Hydrology and Meteorology, Specialized in “Climate Change and Hydrology” Tribhuvan University, Nepal.
Post Graduate in “Surface Water Hydrology”, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Roorkee), India.
Master Degree (M.Sc.) in Meteorology (Specialization in Water Resource Hydrology) Tribhuvan University (TU), Nepal.
Central Department of Hydrology and Meteorology, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur.
Phone: +977-1-4333887, 4331418 Mobile No: 9779851144587
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
April 2013 to Present: Associate Professor
March 1997 to April 2013: Assistant Professor
December 1995 to March 1997: Teaching Associate/ Researcher
Membership in Professional:
Co-Chief Editor: Journal of Hydrology and Meteorology of Society of Hydrologists and Meteorologists Nepal (SOHAM- Nepal).
Membership No: 0126 (Life member)
Lecturing theoretical and practical courses of general hydrology, hydrological modeling, statistical hydrology and forest hydrology from 1996 to till date for Master level students of hydrology, meteorology and environment science. Also, supervised numerous thesis of Master’s level students of Hydrology, Meteorology and Environment Science. Working on different types of hydrological and meteorological models like HBV_light-4.0, HEC-HMS, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoRAS, Tank, Thron, Win SRM, FAO CROPWAT, SWAT, Dambreak, Climpact2, SDSM, Drought analysis software (DrinC, SPI, SPEI), GIS, Surfer etc. from more than 25 years. Significantly contributed in the field of climate change and hydrology through publication of books, articles and technical reports related to Climate Change, Water Balance, Glacial Lake and Glacial Lake Outburst Floods in Nepal, ground water etc.
1. Shrestha, S., Yao, T., Adhikari, T.R., 2019. “Analysis of rainfall trends of two complex mountain river basins on the southern slopes of the Central Himalayas”. Atmospheric Research. 215, 99–115.
2. Adhikari, T.R., & Devkota, L.P.,2016. “Climate Change and Hydrological Responses in Himalayan Basins, Nepal”. Published in Springer Chapter Four: Climate Change, Glacier Response, and Vegetation Dynamics in the Himalaya. ISBN:9783319289779 (e Book), DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-28977-9 Page: 65-85.
3. Aryal, U., Adhikari, T.R., Thakuri, S., Rakhal, B., 2016. “Flood Hazard Assessment in Dhobi-Khola Watershed (Kathmandu, Nepal) using hydrological model”. International Research Journal of Environment Sciences. 5(11), Page: 21-33.
4. Adhikari, T.R., Devkota, L.P., Shrestha, A.B., 2014. “Climate change scenarios and its impact on water resources of Langtang Khola Basin, Nepal”. Proceedings of the International Association of Hydrological Sciences. ISBN:9781907161421, ISSN:01447815, IAHS Publication 364, Page: 9-13.
5. Pradhananga, N.S., Kayastha, R.B., Bhattari,B.C., Adhikari,T.R., Pradhan,S.C.,Devkota, L.P., Shrestha, A.B., Mool. P.K., 2014. “Estimation of discharge from Langtang River basin, Rasuwa, Nepal, using a glacio-hydrological model”.
Annals of Glaciology. Annals of Glaciology 55(66) 2014 DOI: 10.3189/2014AoG66A123, Page: 223-230.
6. Adhikari,T.R., Upadhayay, B.P., Dhakal, M.P., Dangol, P.M.,2003. “Sustainable Water Management in the Jhikhu Khola Watershed”. Translating Development, The Case of Nepal, and Edited by Manfred Domroes”. ISBN:8187358122, Page: 47-78.
7. Adhikari, T.R., Dhakal, M.P., Dongol. B.S., Merz, J.,2000. “Discharge measurement in turbulent streams of the middle mountain in Nepal” International conference on Integrated Water Resources Management for Sustainable Development organized by National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee, and U.P., India. 1278-1285.
1. Magar, S.B., Adhikari, T.R., 2019. “Rainfall and Temperature Trend: A Case Study of Spring Water in Chandragiri Municipality, Kathmandu, Nepal” Proceeding of Research Seminar on Climate Change. 82-106.
2. Pradhan, D., Adhikari, T.R., 2019. “Flood Hazard Mapping and Vulnerability Analysis of Bishnumati River, Kathmandu”. Journal of Environment Science. V 2019, Government of Nepal, Ministry of Forest and Environment, Department of Environment.
3. Maharjan, B., Adhikari, T.R., Maharjan, L.D.,2016.”Climate Change Impact on Water Availability; A Case Study of West Seti, Gopaghat of Karnali Basin Using SWAT Model”. Society of Hydrologist and Meteorologists-Nepal.
4. Magar, M.R., Adhikari, T.R., Gyawali, D.,2016. “Modeling the impacts of climate change on hydrology of Sunkoshi river basin, Nepal”. Society of Hydrologist and Meteorologists-Nepal.
5. Parajuli, A., Devkota, L.P., Adhikari, T.R., Dhakal, S., Kayastha, R.B.,2015. “Impact of Climate Change on River Discharge and Rainfall Pattern: A Case Study from Marshyangdi River Basin, Nepal”.Society of Hydrologist and Meteorologists-Nepal.
6. Adhikari, T.R., Devkota, L.P.,2012. “Climatic Water Balance of Annapurna, Langtang and Khumbu regions of Nepal Himalaya”. Society of Hydrologist and Meteorologists Nepal.
7. Adhikari, T.R., 2011. “Availability of water and its conservation for shallow well at Mahankal Village Development committee, Kathmandu valley, Nepal”. Tribhuvan University Teacher Association University Campus Unit Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal.
8. Adhikari, T.R., 2008. “Application of the Hydrological Modeling System in the Jhikhu Khola Watershed, Nepal for the study of Hydrograph Characteristics”. International conference on Hydrology and climate change in mountainous areas. Society of Hydrologist and Meteorologists-Nepal.
9. Bajracharya, O.R., Sharma, K., Adhikari,T.R., Grabs, W.,1996.“International Conference on Ecohydrology of High Mountain Areas” 24-28 March, 1996.Kathmandu Organized by UNESCO, HMG/N, ICIMOD “Performance of Hydro meteorological Instruments under Harsh Environmental Conditions in the Nepal Himalayas in March 1996.
1. Mukesh Shilpakar, November 2018. “Application of HEC-GeoHMS in Bagmati river watershed at Gaurighat Nepal”.
2. Ganga Nagarkoti, November 2018. “Estimation of surface runoff available by Thron model for major crops of Kaski district Nepal”.
3. Deepa Pradhan, October 2018. “Flood hazard mapping and vulnerability analysis of Bishnumati River, Kathmandu”.
4. Gayatri Rajbanshi, October 2018. “Impact of climate change on flood frequency of Ratuwa Khola, Jhapa Nepal”.
5. Sujan Koirala, October 2018. “Urbanization effect on Kathmandu valley, Nepal”.
6. Rajan Maharjan, December 2017. “Simulation of HBV light 3.0 model on the ThuliBheri River Basin of Nepal”.
7. Bidhya Maharjan, November 2017. “Estimation of crop water requirement of maize plant in Kaski district using Cropeat model”.
8. Arbinda Rajbahak, April 2017. “Analysis of snow cover mapping of Langtang valley, Rasuwa, Nepal”.
9. Sajeena Shakya, December 2016. “Spatial and temporal distribution of peak rainfall during core monsoon month”.
10. Nabin Shrestha, September 2016. “Simulation of HEC-HMS model for flood estimation and frequency analysis in Seti River Basin Pokhara, Nepal”.
11. Ram Prasad Awasthi, August 2016. “Analysis of meteorological drought using Standardized Precipitation Index (SPI) in Nepal”.
12. Binu Maharjan, December 2015. “Climate change impact on water availability of West Seti at Gopaghat of Karnali Basin using SWAT model”.
13. Dhurba Lochan Adhikari, October 2015. “Hydro-meteorological study of Dudh Koshi Basin with frequency analysis and flood forecasting using HEC- HMS model”.
14. Sudarshan Humagain, September 2015.“Simulation of HEC-HMS model for flood forecasting and frequency analysis in Kankai River Basin, Nepal”.
15. Sita Devkota, June, 2015. “Impact of climate change on water resources of Belaphi Khola basin Sindhupalchok, Nepal”.
16. Gopi Adhikari, April, 2015. “The impact of climate change on runoff generation in Langtang Basin Nepal”.
17. Bickky Karki, March, 2015. “Analysis of drought events and its comparison with cereal crops yield at Karnali Basin”.
18. Pradeep Raj Joshi, February, 2015.“Hydrological Modeling and Flood Frequency Analysis of West Seti Basin”.
19. Uttam Aryal, January, 2015. “Flood hazard assessment of Dhobi Khola Kathmandu based on GIS and hydrological models”.
20. Santosh Neupane, December, 2014. “Hydrological response of Tamor River Basin with time scale climatic analysis”.
21. Ramesh Shrestha, December, 2014. “Analysis of climate change and its impacts on water resources used for domestic purpose: A case study from Manthali VDC of Ramechhap District”.
22. Bishnu Prasad Neupane, December,2014. “Simulation of HEC-HMS model in Tamor River Basin Nepal”.
23. Pradeep Raj Joshi, February, 2014. “Hydrological modelling and flood frequency analysis of West Seti Basin, Nepal”.
24. Aleena Maharjan, December, 2013. “Perception of local on climate change in Khokana VDC and its impact on agriculture in Lalitpur district”.
25. Gopal Datt Bhatt, May, 2013. “Application of HBV_light 3.0 and 4.0 model to analyze the impact of climate change in water resource of Dudh Koshi basin of Khumbu area, Nepal”.
26. Suraj Shrestha, May, 2013.“Verification of the observed discharge data by using tank model and flood forecasting by Gumbel’s method in Kathmandu valley of Bagmati basin at Khokana”.
27. Promos Silwal, August, 2012. “Impact of climate change on river discharge of Modi Khola basin, Nepal”.
28. Yogesh Pant, April, 2011.“Estimation of water budget in Kathmandu valley, Nepal”.
29. Raju Dhar Pradhanange, June, 2010. “An application of the distributed hydrological model (Btopmc) in the Sunkoshi River Basin”.
30. Dibas Shrestha, September, 2008. “Computation of Flow Hydrograph of the Highest Rainfall Data by Using HEC-HMS Model in Jhikhu Khola watershed Nepal”.